Pages

Remembering the Legendary, Soul Singer "Teena Marie"...




I am still shocked by this news-

Legendary R&B/Soul Singer, Four time Grammy Award nominee, Teena Marie Dies At 54!!!!!
Teena Marie was found dead Sunday at her California home by her 18-year-old daughter, Alia Rose Brockert after apparently dying in her sleep.She was presumed dead after her daughter was unable to wake her in her bed.



"Teena was a black voice trapped in a white body," said Cathy Hughes, founder of Radio One, a broadcasting company that targets African-American and urban listeners. "I would always tell her that she was one of the greatest vocalists of our time."


The singer's publicist Lynn Jeter said that Marie suffered a grand mal seizure a month ago. This type of seizure is one of the worst; marked by loss of consciousness and violent muscle contractions. Teena was apparently taking medication for the seizures, but reduced her dosage herself, because it made her feel suicidal,according to news reports. At this time, the cause of death has not been released.

Since I was a 90's baby, I didn't know her, but I knew her songs. I used to sing her songs and didn't know who she really was until I start researching her and all the songs she sang.Marie was known for hits such as “Square Biz,” “Lovergirl,” “Behind the Groove,” and “Out on A Limb.” Teena Marie was another R&B legend gone too soon!!!

Her daughter, Alia a.k.a Rose Lebeau, has an amazing voice!! I'm pretty sure she will be following in her mom's footsteps!! RIP Ms. Teena!! We love and miss you!!!My prayers go out to Alia, her family, friends and fans!!!

Love,

Brea Renee xoxo

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger