Pages

GIRL POWER EXPO- WASHINGTON D.C

Hello Everyone!

This past weekend I was invited to attend as a guest to 1st Annual Girl Power Expo Convention for girls and tweens 7-14, in Washington D.C on April 24, 2010. This event was sold out with over 500 girls in attendance.The purpose of the Girl Power Expo was to provide adolescent girls information on self esteem, hygiene, bra sizes,nutrition, wellness,fitness,fun & entertainment.

I had an amazing time meeting new people, doing interviews, taking photos, signing autographs and public speaking.I would like to give a big THANKS to Ms. Sabrina Wiggins and Ms. Stefanie Magness, who are the founders for the Girl Power Expo organization,for inviting me.



Other special guest in attendence were Leeah D, Gabby Soleil, Emerald Angel Young, Dr. Chrystal de Freitas,Hip Hop Education, and Mary Schulman.




Having an interview after my speech.








Leeah D, Brea Renee and the daughters of Stefanie and Sabrina (founders)



Kabrena Severe performed an amazing mime dance from Jennifer Hudson's "I AM CHANGING"













Emerald Young- from "Law Abiding Citzen" Starring Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx, performed 3 songs.









Gabby Soleil-actress, Performed singing one of her original songs.




There were many talented performers there too. During my weekend stay, I also got a chance to visit the White House. I am so happy I got a chance to see where history has been made!!

For more info please visit www.girlpowerexpo.org

0 comments:

 
Powered by Blogger